Thursday, March 18, 2010

What's Irish and stays out all night? Patty O'Furniture. ha.


WElll now.

break is tasty.

I paid a very pleasant visit to Hipsterville (the varsity theater with Copeland on the stage) the other day. I played spot-the-jeans-that-aren't-skinny, (only got to two), and thought about why I am ok with fitting in here.

we're born conforming, and hipsters are no exception, but I like how there seems to be more room for individuality here. and there are posers in every crowd. Get over it.

Indie music = Grood. nuff said. disagree if you wish, more for me.

I like art. So do they. Thereforth, we often get along.

They also tend to appreciate clothes more for their aesthetic appearance than where you bought them. Or, put differently, accept "thrift store" as a legit answer for where you got something.

some days hipsters drive me nuts, yes. some days i drive myself nuts. We're even.


ST PATTYS DAY.......

My family went to Cossetta's on Wednesday. This delightful, vintage, tasty Italian place is right in the middle of the St. Paul St. Patty's Day festivities. I thought we should be mobbed for not wearing green shirts. It all smelled and looked thoroughly like summer in the city; loud, happy, lazy, eating, drinking, yapping, busy, crowded, conducive to wandering slowly in no particular direction with some buddies, sprawling in a park and people-watching......twas positively intoxicating. (pun not intended.)

One does, however, encounter things that make the inner fashion sense feel nauseated.

Horizontally-striped green-and-white tights. As pants. On someone who had eaten their fair share of donuts.

that is all i have to say on the subject.

Tipsy people are funny. As in:
"I....I just talked to BOB. He,....StIll has to WORK. but...HES COMING AFTER...?"
and:
intoxicated dude dancing about on the stairwell, saying hi to folk as they pass by.

Signed, Gyp.

P.S. drunk people are also disgusting, and i do not like drunkenness, but if i didn't laugh at it sometimes, i'd have to cry.

1 comment:

  1. "some days hipsters drive me nuts, yes. some days i drive myself nuts. We're even."

    I can relate :) I tend to verbally discredit hipsters while oftentimes be one my self.

    ReplyDelete